Nuffnang Ad

Friday, October 26, 2007

Integrity vs Good results

I had a quiz on Wednesday morning. For a class of 60+, we had the quiz in the lecture theatre which can accommodate 200+ students. Among 60+ students, 90% sat together in a batch like this:

Red: Professor
Pink: Students

I was among the small dot heroes on the left.

EM smsed me to join their "herd", but I couldn't see where she was sitting among the people. And at this time, Prof said we would have to leave at least an empty seat between each other for the quiz later (lesson first). A lame guy actually told the Prof they were cold, so they must huddled together. -_-

I tot I would move later since it would be pretty awkward to walk from left to right, coz it would attract unwanted attention from the Prof and the herd lah.

In the end, Prof didn't force us to move, so the herd remain together. So did I remain in my lonely seat.

At that moment, suddenly, I find myself very 可怜,coz I didn't even have a partner to cheat with. EM's clique are all the poly COM holders which I sometimes find myself hard to fit in, that was also why I didn't move in the first place. Cheating in quiz in uni is actually very common, coz we all wanted to snag that full 10% or 20%.

Integrity is something I hardly see in my 2 years plus here. For 20%, we resort to cheating (some profs they don't care). Actually, 20% in uni is a huge lump. We aren't actually cheating, but we are just comparing answers.

Still, for me to know that so many people are doing it, it sets me wondering, "So, uni students do this one ah?" Totally contradict the teachings we learned since young, and to happen in an institution which is supposedly "only where the good ones" are.

It is because they are cleverer so they feel that 20% is not worth to waste the brain cells over? I only know that I exhaust my brain cells, I still don't have that full 20%. :(

Most prob I utilize them in the wrong area also.

~~~

My MSN nick was "思琪: Quizzy quizzy", which I had not change it after my quiz. My cousin who is a teacher, and also grad from NTU, asked me, "I saw ur MSN nick, are you feeling alright?"

I had to tell her that it was quiz, and not "queasy". Still, quiz does not make me feel better also lah.

No comments: