Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, October 07, 2007

I have an interesting life

Sometimes, things that happen to me always made me stunned in amazement. Like last Friday, all I wanted was just a bowl of Fishball Noodle at Canteen 5.

Scene 1 Act 1 Take 1
Deciding what to eat, looking the pictures displayed on the signboard

Noodle Uncle: Gal, what you want?
Me: Oh, still looking.
Noodle Uncle: Ah... We have many choices, take your time to choose eh...
Me: Ok, I want a Fishball Kway Tiao & Noodle
Noodle Uncle: Xiao Mei, no Kway Tiao already leh
Me: Oh, like that, noodles will do.
Noodle Uncle: Ok, coming right away1

Noodle Uncle slowly prepare the ingredients, cooked the noodle etc. Uncle old mah, plus usually is Noodle Auntie cooked.

Noodle Uncle: Gal, are you local?
Me: Huh? Ah yah...
Noodle Uncle: You dunno how to spell the word "home" is it?
Me: Har???
Noodle Uncle: I say you dunno how to spell the word "home" ah? (Hinting me why am I not going home on a Friday evening)
Me: Oh, tomorrow got project meet....
Noodle Uncle: Tsk, must go home, you parents will miss you. They will think how come you didn't go home.
Me: I also want to go home, but got commitments mah
Noodle Uncle: Cannot, must go home. Like my daughter, will call me if she not going home...
Me (exasperated): Don't worry Uncle, tomorrow you won't see me here already. Tomorrow I go home, ok?
Noodle Uncle: Must go home ah...

At this time, he finished cooking my order and dished the bowl out. And I also digged 2 $1 coins out.

Me: Uncle, is this fishball noodle? Where are the fishballs?
Noodle Uncle: What fishball noodle? This is Bak Chor Mee...
Me (-_-!): Oh, okie, never mind, er... I take lor. Here are $2, Uncle

As I dropped the coins in his palm, I realised there weren't 2 $1 coins. One was a 20 cents coin.

Me: Eh Uncle, paiseh, I took the wrong amount. Wait ah, I find the other $1
Noodle Uncle: Never mind never mind. You shortchange me 80 cents, never mind. Tomorrow you must go home ah!
Me: Huh! Don't want lah, nah, here is the $1. Don't worry Uncle, tomorrow you will not see me here.

Quickly took my noodle and siamed.

Buy noodle also so happening siah.

No comments: