Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Yesh! No more tough labs for me (This is very very very long entry, do prepare a cup of milo/coffee/tea and food)

Yesh! Yesh! Yesh! No more labs till next semester. All these labs make me very hungry everytime they are finished. Must use both brain and hands to work on it leh! My lab partner is already so used to hearing me say, "Wah biangz, wa eh bah tor jin yao!" (My stomach is very hungry!)
Thank god my lab partner, ZQ is very nice, and we both came from NYP, so machiam feeling "come from the same family". Yesterday, during our last tutorial, there were only 五只小猫 including me. Our tutor was commenting on some polytechnics, coz he wondered why are we so weak in AE (a killer paper somemore, fuckanana, must study like bible liao). So he asked AD, who was beside me, then LL(not the LL we always cuss) who was behind me. Thank god he didn't ask me coz what he said later was rather embarassing if he did. The scenario went like this:
Tutor: Did you all learn all these in poly?
3 of us nodded, 2 of us bochap (easy to guess who didn't nod hor)
Tutor: Which poly you came from? (asking AD)
AD: NP
Tutor: You? (pointing LL)
LL: SP
Tutor: These 2 polytechnics are good, coz they are old, right? (What he means was these 2 polys are very well-established as they are among the oldest polys.)
At this point, ZQ and me we looked at each other and a bit want to laugh but cannot laugh, thinking, "Yah lah, NYP very young, 10 years niah, of coz cannot win SP & NP lah"
Tutor: NYP not very good, too young. (Disclaimer: Tutor say one, not me ar, don't say I say NYP bad, I'm just churning out what he said!) Do you think so? (asking me)
Me: Dunno (shrug shrug, and trying to gek my giggles)
Then ZQ and me looked at each other again and we almost bursted out laughing, gek until buay tahan. When the tutorial ends, we went "wah lau eh, don't have to compare until like that mah, YKIK can liao!"
Just now during lunch, we were discussing about FYP. LL told me before that she did a very high standard project in SP, that is they wrote a book on MOSFET for a university somewhere in the world. Cheemalogy siah... ZQ find their standard really very high compared to us. I won't say my project standard is low coz I did use my brain to do it (digress a bit: during my FYP , the time spent was: 40% play, 30% sleep, 30% project. Yah, I know, very slack, BUT I lose weight during that 3 months leh, so very stress also k... lol), but ZQ from another course, said his supervisor helped him a lot. Cannot compare like that lor... anyway, we both agreed that NYP is ***** and really *****. (Figure it out the 2 invisible words yourself lah, haha.) Reminds me of a lame joke that I heard on my 1st day of school:
SP=Sure Pass (No wonder)
NP=Never Pass (Got meh?)
NYP=Not Yet Pass (-_-"', okie lor)
TP= dunno, that guy forget, anyone of u know, tag it on the side, k?
In case you wondering why my tutor said until like that (very frank and didn't fine tune his words), that's because he's a PRC. No no no, I'm not against PRC. I must say, they are really very smart and nice people. Smart because EEE has a lot of PRCs (be it students or professors) and they find EEE "like chicken feet" (EEE professors of coz find it easy if not how they teach, dumb me. Yah lah, I'm dumb. Duhz...) while we find it "like shit". Nice people they are coz they a bit "pang chance" (i.e. give chance) to students, like I hearsay, (hearsay one, not I say) that our Physics lecturer was very lenient in marking the quiz that all of us (i.e. in my tutorial group one) all passed. Heck! How could it be true? I didn't do 50% of the questions and the rest of the 50% still got to kanna cut also (he told us the answeres so we roughly can gauge how much we get), yet he said all passed. See, nice people hor?
They may be nice, but one thing I cannot tahan is their English (or Mandarinish, like Singlish you know?). Come on lah, dun say I talk bad about them. How many of us could actually understand what they taught? Even if they speak perfectly without grammar errors but given the accent, chances that we can understand is maybe 50% , i.e. you either understand or you don't. It will take a while for us to fine tune before we can grasp the content of the lecture, without having to frown at every sentence they said. My vocabulary is already Pte Ltd, not to mention them (unless they study English Literature here which is harder than striking 4D), anyway, EEE dun need powerful English vocabulary. OK, I'm losing my point. What I'm trying to mean is, English is not their mother tougue, their mother tougue is Mandarin, so they speak with an accent they also cannot help it, but they should improve their sentence structure and prononciations. It's really terrible when we encountered professors speaking Mandarinish (Hmm... maybe Oxford dictionary can add this to their next edition and pay me a sum for copyright since I invented it and I'll be rich!). Let me tell you my own encounters.
As you all know the algorithm quiz I had yesterday, mind you, all 3 professors are PRCs. I havent seen the 3rd one yet but hearsay he's very jiat lat. Never mind, I will grade him when I see him tomorrow. The 1st professor, wah lau, attend her lecture will make you so high until you feel like slapping her (my roomie said one ar). May I ask you to pronounce this: Data Structures. Done? Good. Easy right? Da...Ta... St..ruc..tures.... You know how she pronounce? Date Structures. It surprise me how she can pronounce the St..ruc..tures so perfect but Data as date? I thought the r is very boggling for our tougues, that's why my mother, chinese educated, pronounce r as l, like Japanese like that, example: "blick game (brick game)". Here's another one, tougher, Algorithm. This one my mother dunno can't be help, that professor, she said, "Al...Go... C...ma". WTF? The way she said "Al...Go... C...ma" pissed us so much that one guy 敢敢 shoot her, "Algorithm lah!" Wah ha ha ha. She speak Mandarinish so much that she is rather challenged in understanding us. Once, a guy requested the tranparency to be shifted a bit to the left side coz the part of the equations on the right were blocked. He said, "Ma'm, can move the transparency anot? cannot see". Dunno if she was trying to be funny, she replied, "Cannot see ar? C is here. " while pointing at the big C on the transparency. The whole lecture bursted out laughing lor! She still asked, "What's so funny?" I 甘拜下风!
Professor No. 2, an elderly man with a tinge of wisdom feeling. When he introduced himself, wah, very impressed, he can prononce the "Algorithm", I think he must have 混 in SG for a long time already. However, my heart died when he introduced the topic he wanted to teach, "Binary Sear-cher(Search) Tree". This fellow, nothing much coz he was very serious, he has the "不要玩玩" (dun play play) face. The only funny thing he had said was, "Are you trying to tell me that lecture has ended by talking? OK, lecture ends." His lectures are rather boring anyway.
Somehow, it prove my SQ theory that very left-brained are lingustic challenged and the very right-brained are mathematically challenged. See them, so good in maths lah, engineering lah, but didn't learn their English properly. :P
Auntie just now came to repair my blinds coz they had fallen off yesterday, and I 发现新大陆。 I can lock my blinds!!! I had always tied it to the hook, coz I thought that was the purpose. I only knew my swakooness when the Auntie pulled the string that hoist the blind, pull to the left: it moves, pull to the right: it locks. Wah... like 点穴 and 解穴 like that. As for the 4 hooks below the windows, my roomie and I had swakooly tied the strings on both the extreme left and right. How about those 2 in the middle? Oh... we hang a plastic bag on it and uniquely becomes our rubbish bin. Hee hee. Very 方便,we just need to turn 90 degrees and dump our rubbish without having to stand up and walk, (that's why my belly is getting bigger coz the rubbish I usually threw were food wrappers and tissue, hahaha!)
Phew... I have typed for 2.5 hrs (in between went to wash clothes, hang clothes and blind repair). I had wanted to just blog for about 1 hr one, coz that's roughly the time it takes for the washing machine to wash my clothes. But then, KNNBCCB lah, the 1st washing machine took 1 hr and still not yet finish. It's still spoilt despite they sent for repair. When I went up (mind you, the laundry room is at level 5 and I'm at level 2), holy ch88by8! The knob was still at where I first turn to, i.e. regular 9. KNS, feedup, change washing machine and type for another hour lor. Screwed up my plan to go Jurong east MRT station and replace my EZ-link card. Kaoz! So now I can't stop typing lor...
One last JOTD (joke of the day) before I end this entry. Yesterday, I had a short nap before I went for dinner. In my nap, I had this silly dream. I dreamt that we were having dinner (OMG, all I think is food!) at Canteen 2 when a guy wanted to know my roomie. He even offered to take off his T-shirt right in front of us, just to get my roomie's hp number. My roomie had a bf, so of coz refused to give but dunno how to reject. So, I very brave and tell the guy, "你愿意脱就脱,但我们不愿意看!" and I woke up, stunned. So while I was relating the story to Roomie, she said, dreams are opposite of reality (I also know), maybe in reality a guy will ask me for my number and offer to take off his clothes. Yah yah, like real, then she started being funny and said, "Maybe it's you who will go and take number from other people hor, hee hee". "Yah lor, then I offer to take off my tee and that guy said, '你愿意脱就脱,但我们不愿意看', right?" And we laughed like mad cows.
I sweared that I won't sweared so much in my next angry entry. My fingers will auto pilot to "KNNBCCB" when I'm angry. LOL. Wah!, Tired, shall go and nap le. (^_^Y)

No comments: