Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

COM=hardworking and smart?

Hee hee, last night I had the fullest stomach I ever had since staying in hostel (Do not include the days at home). Last night we had Block Supper!!! The moment the block reps shouted, "Block Supper!!!" All the "mice" came scurrying out, ho ho ho... and there were chwee kueh with infinity amount of chai por and chilli, super large doughnut and peanut minh chien kueh, superb!!! Take a tissue and wipe your saliva bah... I ate a lot of the chwee kuehs, coz very nice, must be the chilli. I shared half a doughnut with a fren whom I got to know during the Super Stars Craze, and ever since the Craze ends, we only met up whenever there's food, that is the Hall Supper and Block Supper, hee hee, foodmates now, and a small slice of the minh chien kueh. Anyway, it supposed to start at 9pm, by it was delayed till 10pm,等到脖子都长了! Was super full coz my dinner was 白斩鸡腿饭加卤蛋, and a red bean waffle. Study makes one hungry mah... usually it's soup kway tiao or bee hoon one for dinner, dunno why, last night ate a lot... :P
Anyway, during dinner, we were discussing exams, as usual... I was lamenting how regret I was for not working as hard as I do now during poly, if not I would have be a Cert of Merit (COM) student and I could exempted from certain modules now. So, KCQ totally agreed with me. A little background, I'm a average B student with less than 10 A's and no distinction, KCQ has a lot of A's and she is top 10%, COM students are top 5%. Roomie is a COM student, after hearing us, she criticized, "用功 but 不厉害也没有用的!" I said, not necessarily, I was really slacked during poly mah... KCQ nodded her head in agreement. Anyway, Roomie was firm in what she said lah. Then when we walked out of the canteen, KCQ was still telling us that if she had worked harder, she does not have to suffer with the killer modules now. I kept quiet coz I know Roomie is a stubborn gal (We had another argument once, details later), Roomie reiterated her point that hardworking is not the main factor of getting COM. KCQ disagreed and tried to prove her point, Roomie sulked and replied, "I have nothing to say then!" and walked very fast back to hostel.
Leaving us behind, I told KCQ, "Don't you see the point that she's saying that stupid people, no matter how hardworking they are, will not get COM". KCQ 恍然大悟 the meaning between the lines, that is: we are stupid. Maybe she didn't really mean that, but you see, we were saying if we had worked harder and there was she making this remark. So definitely I will feel this way! I do really feel that I did not work as hard mah, like not as hardworking as now. And I was pretty pleased with my poly results despite my 60% effort, so I'm sure if I had put in 100%, I would have gotten COM. However, judging from her remark, she implying that we are stupid.
KCQ got very angry later and smsed me. I calmed her down by saying that she was quite insensitive, but everyone has their own point of views. However, she could be a little bit nicer instead of being so harsh, and we felt demoralised.
I will blog about the other argument another day, coz by now I can't blog my inital entry. I just received a very heartless MSN message from my sister.
.
.
.
.
.
哇!sob... sob...你在天之灵保有我hor! RIP, dear 石头!

Time of Death: Unknown, possibly this morning,

Location: His spaceship cage

Discovered by: Jacq, the Heartless

No comments: