Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Algorithm Professor No. 3

Yeap, saw my third professor for this module. Before I attended his lecture yesterday, I asked around to find out how was his lecture, and most importantly, his speech. So, I got both good and bad remarks. Roomie said he was very jiat lat, was than the 1st 2 professors. A friend living in same hall as us, said he was better than the other 2 and was rather not bad looking, quite young and 斯斯文文 somemore. Wah... I like. Okie, my conclusion of him:
  1. A bit fat (1st impression mah!)
  2. Hair too long
  3. Skin too fair (I hate man whose skin is fairer than me)
  4. 斯文 looking, but bad-looking :P
  5. Speak Mandarinish (OH! MY GOD!)

That friend of mine later told me that she made a mistake. She had thought this Prof was the one she saw in our EEE magazine. -_-"'. Basically, that's about all, but kinda a lot for 1st time. His Mandarinish is same as professor no. 1, below are some words I caught hearing wrongly:

  1. router-"daughter"
  2. 1 main island-"1 man island", "1 male island" (He's definitelt a MCP hor...)
  3. telecom-"neh ni com"
  4. path-"pass" (they pronounce "th" as "c" or "s" one, same for the "algo-C-ma". I haven't hear him say the word "algorithm" yet)
  5. vertex-"wertex" (I thought only indians pronounce "v" as "w")

There are some more, but these were the ones I remembered. I did not bring his notes coz I left it at home, so I viewed the slides on the screen. I don't know if he prepared his own slides, but maybe his assistant did it, he reviewed and made some adjustments lah. Let me show you something:


Did you see anything wrong? No? Maybe I highlight to you...


Whoever who did this should take English Proficiency Test.

While I was so fascinated with my new found words, the whole lecture, especially the guys, was laughing at the next slide:

I think they were imagining him cladded in bikini that's why they laughed so happily. The "bikini" itself isn't that funny hor

SC rox! So happening wor...

No comments: