Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sasxsek

Nope, this is not a typo error, what you saw is really Sasxsek.
What's this?
Well, during one of my mugging days, I got so super duper pissed with my EM waves, and out of boredom, I googgled for my name, "Siqi", to see what results I would get. I remember in the past (I am super self-obsessed with my name and this is the Nth time I search for it), I would get some yahoo results with regards to my secondary school's military band and there I would see hideous photos of myself doing a funny face, one of the Kym Ng's character during 成人杂志。
Anyway, while browsing through the millions of results, I chanced upon Sasxsek, which is an artificial (or constructed) language designed to be used as an auxiliary language which is simple to learn but powerful enough to cover the full range of human expression (source). Well, according to Sasxsek, siqi is an adjective, it has the meaning of stellar, astronomical, cosmic and starry.
SO DAMN COOL TO FIND MY NAME LINKING WITH MY FAVOURITE HOBBY AND THINGS!!! WHEEEEEEEEEET!
I also found some interesting ones:
  • bat n. eight; [8]
  • bu prep. against; opposed to; dis-; anti-; contra; in spite of (seems pretty much like our "no" in Mandarin)
  • han proper n. Chinese; Chinaman (like the Han people hor)
  • guan n. tube; pipe; duct; vessel (machiam 管hor)
  • kopi adj. cut; sliced
  • mafan n. trouble
  • siqapura proper n. Singapore
  • suan v. be sour; be tart (I'm quite sure they kop these from Hokkien, lol)
  • teh n. tea (See? Hokkien right?)

Some are still English and then, the rest are those odd words that you dunno how to pronouce, like, iqglis which means English. Sasxsek doesn't use C and E, using K and I instead.

Pretty cool huh? But not simple at all...

No comments: