Nuffnang Ad

Monday, September 12, 2005

About my name

Since this is the 1st post, I shall talk about myself, about my name.

I love my name very much since young, although it's quite common, but not over-use until like I can have a dozen of Huilin/Huiling/Huili in my phonebook like that. And also, together with my surname, it makes a perfect combo of 0-4-7 (ling-si-qi, sound like my name, lin si qi). So very cute right?

However, when I had my first email account, I wanted something special, something cuter. So I thought of both my Chinese and Western Zodiacs, which are the Pig (Boar) and Aquarius. So together, it makes Aquapig, a water pig. HAHAHAHA

Sure, it was cute and funny. My cousin, who was working at that time, uses her company mail to forward email to her friends and relatives. So during one CNY, she told me all her colleagues asked her, “Eh, tat aquapig email address very funny, the pig can swim is it? Who’s that friend of yours?” I treated it as a “compliment”, coz I thought “Hee hee, my email address very special”.

Anyway, now years down the road, I have started to use my initials, LSQ and 047, in any permutations, as my login account name and other things like initials in some records. Recently, while I was having darts training, I was aiming for the number 17. My captain came over, saw that I was aiming 17, and cracked a very lame joke, “Hmm… Siqi aim Shi Qi”, meaning, Si qi aiming at 17, which sounds similar too. My other teammates joined in the fun and laughed about it. I act cool and said, “Not funny lor, so lame”, although I was trying very hard to control my laughter. Then, while we were having friendly match, my senior asked for my initials, and so I replied, “S Q”. He joked that I’m the airline is it. So I joked back and said, “U din know SQ047 belongs to me meh?” Puzzled by what I said, I continue, “Lin Si Qi, 0-4-7 mah!” Immediately, he and my captain had 3 strokes of sweats -_-/// coming down from their forehead. Brrr… freezing lame sia…

This morning, while I was trying to think of a creative name for my blog, without much brainstorming, I decided on SQ047, but somehow it was taken, so I added a “flight” in front. So now, u people are now “on board” on Boeing SQ047. LOL… sorry, I digressed a little. Anyway, while I was bathing, I recalled all the hilarious incidents about my names, like when I ordered pizza and they wanted my name, I gave them SQ. when they shouted for me to collect my pizza, the lady boss, giving a serious look and said, “SQ? 007 mah?” and then she broke out laughing to herself. I want to tell her, “No it’s 047!”LOL. Another one was my IT illiterate non-IT savvy sister, Jia. One evening, when I came back home from NYP, she excitedly run to me and said, “HEY, your name was reported in the news!” She was lamer than I, but at that point, she sounded so serious and so I thought, did I join in any events and they had actually reported on it? Anyway, Jia said the news will be reported after the commercial break. So I waited, without changing my clothes first, fear that I would miss the news. When I saw the damn heading, I immediately turned off. Why? Coz the goddamn news was on some SQL technology and my sister thought it was funny that my initial is the same. (Si Qi Lin, if written in ang moh’s way)

Anyway, as I recalled, I had this silly idea, what if I combine my name and zodiacs together. Come, let u all guess the end results first. Come guess lah…. Not necessarily must be flightSQ047 and aquapig, but more like things connected them link together. Let me tell u, the end result is superb! Ready? It is…
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aqua-Aero-Pig! (Aqua Aerobics)
Kua… Kua… Kua…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very creative, Siqi!!
-khinemar-

Unknown said...

Thank You Khine Mar!