Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, September 27, 2007

NTU Waffles 大比拼!

Verdict: Hall 2 wins.

I was craving for waffle, so I made my way to Hall 11 to try the waffles, operated by a few youngsters. Actually, the other day, I saw that stall was managed by a few guys, and that somehow kill my confidence of eating their waffle. Still, I summon my courage to try it out (too lazy to walk to Hall 2 lah)

Anyway, it was better than I thought. Their waffle is a little bit thin for my liking, but it is crispy like cookies. I prefer thick waffle, but the thick waffle in school is always the soft kind. So their waffle win in terms of crispness, but lose out to size. When I saw the guy pour a scoop of the batter into the iron, I knew I had to lower my standards a little. The batter is very watery, so could expect the kind of waffle they would make. And $1.20 for a chocolate waffle is very expensive, so thin!

Still, their waffle beats Hall 9 in terms of looks, Hall 9's waffle looks way too green, more like green dye instead of pandan juice, and the taste isn't very nice also. The peanut butter I tried was sourish!

Before these guys operated the waffle stall, before them was a young and sweet lady selling waffle too. Her waffle is the kind I like, thick and crispy, and no natural or artificial colouring, and very fulfilling! However, I think most people in NTU have been tongue-washed by Hall 2's standard, making it most sought-after waffle in NTU. In fact, I dislike Hall 2's waffle until recently, coz I tried worse waffles (Hall 9 lor). If possible, I would rather queue at Prima Deli for waffles.

Gonna try their hotdog roll tmr. =) It reminds me of the prata roll I like in AMK Hub.

No comments: