Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fun at JB

Wah sai, today I conquered 3 shopping complexes in JB, 2 restaurants and 1 movie with Roomie and KCQ, and my expenditure was only S$50 leh (Got leftover somemore)! Damn shiok! Feel like a rich charboh over there, mu ha ha ha. I bought a pair of really cheap jean, a serviet dispenser (Mama been looking for it) and a boardshort for Jamie. Didn't get Jia anything coz I really couldn't find something suitable for her. Wanna give her the jean, but she refused coz of my jeans turnover rate is higher, so she dun wanna rob me of this pathetic jeans which I got for myself which has a likely "lifespan" of 6 months only.
Luckily got KCQ drove us around, if not I wouldn't be able to cover so many places also. However, I find KCQ a bit naggy, coz whenever I wanna buy something, she would have a lot of comments. Some were out of good intentions, like help me save money and this kind I really appreciated, but some were really getting on my nerves. Like I wanna buy the wife's biscuits at the restaurant we had dinner, then she suggested the bakery at City Square, and then further commented why not but the cakes at Secret Recipe for my sister, and blah blah blah, a lot of suggestions lah. In the end , I decided not to buy any food coz for the next one month, my house surely have a lot of dumplings to be served as meals. Ha ha. Even when we walked past optical shop, she also wouldn't spare and stated the "You should buy here..." chanting scripture. Next time shall get her to buy things for me liao.
Bought myself 2 handphone accessories too. It was piggy design and they are like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute k! Just couldn't resist the temptation and bought them, 2 for RM$12, if it was in Si'pore, I think I would only buy one of them. Since in JB, everything machiam "hap-price", so I bought them both. Wanna take pic of them, but Olympus for no battery and Kodak with Jia, took with Nokia but dun wanna switch on laptop just to upload these 2 cuties, so upload them another day, Jamie made a very witty pun remark, "froze" Jia and me so much that we couldn't react.
We went shopping after watching "X-men: The Last Stand" (almost type as X'men, like X'mas like that), and it was our shopping spree next. When I asked "What's there good to buy?" Both of them actually recommended.... drum rolls... Sanitary Pads! -_-''' coz damn cheap lah. I dun want to buy but both of them still convinced me to buy coz it was cheap and we used every month. They only stopped when I told them of the possible scenerio when I reached home:
Mum: So what you bought in JB?
Me: Sanitary pads! Offer some more!
Mum: ?!? You went JB jut to watch movie and buy... THIS?
A good one to stop them. I mean I know it's CHEAP but it doesn't mean I MUST buy. There everything also cheap, so must I buy everything? Haiyoh! Go to JB and jusy buy pads? HA HA HA HA, machiam SG dun have like that.
We had our lunch at the "Food and Tea", aka "欢喜厅" at Jusco. It is a Hong Kong style food cafe. I ordered Cheesy Sphaggeti with Chicken Chop and a Yuen Yang (coffee and tea mix), thumbs up. Thumbs down for not having the dessert I want and blur service. The guy wore a very "sart" specs, but he was damn blur. The utensils he got for us were 2 forks and a knife, hello, we have 3 people, so is 3 forks, okie! 2 ordered pizzas, so 2 knives, and I ordered sphagetti, so 1 spoon! Haiyoh haiyoh! Dinner was at a Shanghai food restaurant, hmm... food so-so, but deco 5 stars! Too bad I didn't take pics... was so engrossed with the menu lah, :P
And dunno why, sales people mistook me as M'sian and spoke Melayu to me, instead of replying "I dunno Malay", I replied "my Malay no good". Hee hee. Aku tak tahu! Saya tahu little bit. Correct or not har?
Overall, it was a fruiful and happy trip. Almost feel like moving there because the standard of living is so cheap, but there is no sense of security. Roomie was approached by a chao ah pek tackling her; KCQ always activated the master lock coz we scared baddies would just open the car door; Have to give way for some big shot (Dunno is Sultan or MP, anyway, non-chi) if not give summon; Grab our bags closely and of opposite directions when motorcyclists drove past us.
Every trip abroad makes appreciate SG even more, :)
Joke
"Small One" complained her phone battery cannot tahan very long, energy used up very fast. "Australia" then asked, wasn't her phone a Nokia? Nokia's battery lifespan very long leh. "Small One" then haolian she changed phone and not using Nokia anymore. So when asked what new model she got, she proudly answered, "N70!"

"I am a Nokia phone!"
Knowing her is such a disgrace.
P/S: Jia, didn't mean to be irritating last night when you told me to sleep early, was too concentrated with my PC. Dui Bu Qi!

No comments: