Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Da Vinci Code


I was not interested in this hoohaa about this novel by Dan Brown, "The Da Vinci Code", coz my impression of it was boring/arid/bromidic/platitudinous/vapid, and being a reader who reads occassionally, it just did not strike my interest at all, especially when it is such a thick book somemore.
Then came the big promo/protest on this movie. Religious people boycotting the movie, resistance movement, almost everyone is talking about this movie. So I cannot be too suaku right, therefore I agreed to watch the movie when my teammates jioed me. A fren had roughly told me the gist of the plot, but not many spoilers lah, and she being a Muslim, dislike this movie for she felt it was very discriminating towards her religion. She told me that for those who did not read the book and do not understand Islam, Christian or Catholic would find it confusing. She had "psycho" me that this movie was no good. Still, I decide to watch it coz I'm really curious what's the story since I'm lazy to read the book.
My verdict of this movie:
entertainment: 7/10
plot: 8/10
overrall: 7/10
I'm kinda amazed by the author how he could link all these historical monuments together and devise such a plot. When we were leaving the theatre, a haoliao guy was telling his girlfriend that the sarcophagus was indeed real. Hmm... I'm always amazed by such imaginative author. For a free thinker, I think the movie is not bad, still worth watching lor.
Let me disclaim that I usually give thumbs up to a lot of movies. If you think it is no good, don't hantam me. :P

No comments: