Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eventful Day

Monday was such an eventful day, and by eventful, I really mean a lot of donkey shit to clear!

I was "summoned" back to fix the system which wasn't done by me for that part, but I go and troubleshoot anyway. Since I was to be a visitor, I was wearing damn lok kok, and also forgetting that I would be in lab and I need to wear covered shoes, I wore sandals instead. Jia reminded me, but we were already on our way out liao, heck care!

Sup was very busy, so I made myself comfortable in front of the system, checking out the problem which I didn't really understand. Finally, Sup was free to tell me and showed me the problem. OK, so, there were these 2 bookings which clashed, so I assume it would be database error. I was trying my best to solve within my means for I didn't really understand how this part works for it wasn't done by me mah. Anyway, as I tried to solve, I kinda found out the root of problem, that was the programming, but I decided to fix the database first. As the server did not have MS Access, I copied the file to my laptop and when I tried to open, TMD, it couldn't! The stupid MS update had made it stupid, it couldn't locate the this file which was required to drive MS Access. I tried to download OpenOffice and it's blocked by office network. Kaoz. After fiddling with it for about 2 hours after lunch, I decided that there's no way I can access the file and edit. So I told Sup I would bring home to edit and email to him.

Just when I had packed my bag and ready to go, my part of the system, decided to throw tantrums: Chamber B couldn't be detected... I tot wireless was off, nope; I tot simpati server hanged, nope; I tot my code got problem, nope; And suddenly it was connected! But then chamber B show warnings, fine, I go and delete the attributes. Worse, chamber could not be detected again. Argh... I did not make a backup of the the original attribute file! Sup said the old Dell PC should have a copy since I was using it to do testing at that time. So I hurriedly set up that Dell PC, and really kanasai, that PC was hooked to one chamber during that time! So I had to dissemble the PC again.

Fast forward to the part where chamber B got hooked up, chamber A lost connection. !#$%^&*!##$%^&* So I went down to garage to see what's the problem. Chamber A was running, but it didn't send info to the PC, so I saw that the protocol and settings were wrong. I tried to change, but the controller did not budge. Suddenly, it hanged, restart, and the chamber died, giving red alarm.

Horrified, shocked, I called my EA coz I dun have my Sup's number in my temp line, I talked less than 3 minutes when my phone died, ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! NO BATTERY LIAO!

Rushed to level 4 and saw my Sup there, told him the head and tail of the problem, checked and decided he and I couldn't do anything, I was finally able to go home. Thinking back how my suay hands actually created so much troubles when it was just a simple database error. And oh yah, very very very big shots visited out labs, and damn it, I was wearing sandals! Luckily, I had hidings. The director of my department was quite shocked to see me there, coz he knew we had finished our IA. So when I told him why I had come, he was quite impressed that I still bothered to go back and helped (do I have a choice? Sup had complained to the attachment office in our school about CC ), and asked whether it affects my holidays. Of coz I said no right? Mu ha ha ha. Anyway, he was giving me a pat on the back, thanking me, and I feel like I'm some young school kid being praised by the principal. Mu ha ha ha.

No, I didn't go home, I went to collect my stupidsedly cool and nice and sexy specs. And did a complain for Jia too. Then I made my way to Paragon to get my SIM card, and suay suay, or dunno heng heng, Steven Lim jumped out of nowhere and asked me if I wanna be a model......

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, me? A model?

I was eating Mac's hot fudge halfway, and I shook my head vigorously, with the spoon half inside my mouth, looking shocked and dumbfounded.

This guy was damn persuasive and talkative and spoke fast! (Di, he can win you wor! LOL) His saliva was flying everywhere also... Saying I was cute lah, promote "his agency" and blah blah blah...

After entertaining him for about 20 minutes, I finally able to made my way to M1, wah biang. I got a 3G SIM card replacement FOC, wheet! Dad, can I have your phone? Wah ha ha ha

I was so bashed when I reached home, that hot fudge was my dinner...... Devoured a cup of dessert and a packet of milk before I slept. Peace, ^_^Y

No comments: