Nuffnang Ad

Monday, January 07, 2008

Resolutions 2008

My legs are sore from yesterday's jog, but it felt so damn shiok! 1mm nearer to my goal of a slimmer me. Wah ha ha ha.

I brought forward my top 2007's resolution, which was also my 2006's, also my 2005's blah blah blah... Lost Weight! Many a times, I read successful lose-weight articles in magazines, or heard from own friends' true lose weight process, I was inspired but not determined. Even when I was badly "humiliated" by my friends (not really friends, were teammates), I told myself I must prove them wrong, still, I just couldn't lose more than 3kgs and I'm back to round one. I was really weakly determined, snacking on Pringles after my jog yesterday. Alright, for now, like what Miss Gwee said, "lose weight to take on the CNY goodies!" Mu ha ha ha. Oh yah, seems like 25kg in 6 months is possible, ya'know? But that means consistent workout and food control. :(

#2 resolution: Stop procrastinate. This bad habit had caused me some sufferings, such as slow progress in FYP, pile up the tutorials, last minute revision. And I also have a lot of other miscellaneous things that required some attention, but since it was not important, I have been pushing them since back like 100 years ago. Even the list of things I do is no use, coz I never bother to look. Must stick them big big in front of me liao. The old me actually used to complete my list of things to do, haiz... After 21, everything seemed difiicult, and I'm supposed to be in my prime! Kaoz.

#3 resolution: Be super diligent, which is actually the total opposite of procrastination lah. So #3 shall be: Dun anyhow buy things, even if it's cheap. Got $400 debt to repay.

#4 resolution: Don't be a parasite at home. Sometimes I really dislike what I am.

#5 resolution: Complain less about people, must see the good side of them. Also, be nicer to friends, especially friends whom I hardly meet up nowadays. I had a friend who MSNed this: People don't care how much you know until you know how much they care. Sometimes I'm really ought to be shot for talking non-stop, without asking a friend, "How are you?". I was really guilty when I saw a friend's blog post about friendship, which she ended with this sentence: "And for those who can't be bothered (as in bothered to ask her how she is, even for 5 mins), I am still alive."

It struck me really really really bad. It felt like tight, tight slaps up, down, left, right on my face.

We sometimes take friends for granted so much that we assume they will be there when we need them, but never did it occur they need us too. Reading her post really made me cried in shame, thinking about friends who have done so much for me and I've done so little for them, and one whom I've hurt deeply that I've lost her friendship. I've always thought, "No money = no go out with friends", but in fact, it doesn't mean bonding must be physically together and talk, a simple "How are you" thru messengers makes a great difference too.

I was such an idiot, but now I no longer am. The world does not just revolve around me, there's everybody!

No comments: