Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Listen to yourself

It's the seasonal period of adding and dropping courses (aka modules). Moving into the final semester, courses that are easy and project-free are the most popular. However, how easy is easy? As we all know, different people interpret "easy" differently.

So I was coaxed into dropping Web Services for one of these: Wireless or Digital Communications, both rumoured to be easy. Web Services is deemed unpopular because there is a project, which we final year student don't really like because we want to channel our energy resources in our FYP. But for me, Web Services is one module which I have confident in getting a B, at least.

Anyway, I dropped Web Services, and wanted to take Wireless, but it clashed with my Database. So I choose Digital Communications, but the time - table was no longer pretty, as in I don't have a 4-day week anymore, so I dropped my Computer Security and thinking of getting the register office to get fit me into one of the Wireless class so that I can squeeze into 4-days again. I was thinking of going to the office when I talked to another friend, and she said she had a friend failing Digital Communications! Exactly the kind of news I didn't want to know, so she recommended Telecommunications Systems.

In any case, another friend showed me the notes for Telecomm and I immediately knew that I wouldn't get pass this module. Although it was memory work, but, calculations taunted me, for I will make careless mistakes and still think I'm correct.

Anyway, after struggling with decisions and the system, I'm back to square one: i.e. I'm back to my original timetable; taking the courses I dropped (I couldn't snatch it back already).

I already got my preferred slots and the time-table was soothing to the eyes: 4-days week, and the breaks in between were justifiable (long breaks irks me). Because I was not firm enough, my decision was swayed by "rumours" and ended up in a shitty situation. Now I'm afraid that I won't be allocated my preferred slots, then time-table will be so haywire, what if I can't get back the slot I planned with my friends and I would be so alone. Boo-hoo-hoo.

I really shouldn't be so fickle-minded, I had done the homework of checking the past exam papers, I should know what modules fit me. Unlike the past where I don't have the choice to decide what I want to study and thus screwing up every exam. Now that I can choose what is best for me yet I blindly followed what people said. Now, I felt like I'm running to join the others only to realise I'm in the wrong path and hurt my legs somemore.

Stupid stupid stupid

No comments: