Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I love drawings

About a week ago or so, I was being tasked to draw a bunny for Jamie's artwork, coz she stubbornly wanted a side-view of a bunny's and her drawing of her side-view bunny looked like it was a rabbit's head stuck on a tortoise's body. Jia was supervising her all that time while she did the artwork before they requested me to help her draw the bunny, just plainly drawing and no coloring.

Jia said it was a retribution for her, who had her primary school artworks (not all, but mostly) done by either me or my deceased godfather, to have to supervise Jamie. LOL.

Anyway, with an image of a side-view bunny & my first bunny drawing as a template, I whipped out something decent. I forgot to take a picture of it.

I still vaguely remember the first nice bunny I drew, was actually a bunny picture in an assessment book. I was not supposed to write on the assessment book, instead, I was to write the questions and answers into an exercise book (That probably explained why I was such a details freak back in my younger days) by my tuition teacher. Somehow, with a one-way track of thinking, I also copied the bunny into the exercise book. I think my tuition teacher praised my drawing, although I was so afraid she would scold me for wasting time, heh heh. She named her second daughter using my name, 思琪 to 恩琪, changing the "十" to a "大" in the "思", so I assumed I must have been her favourite kid. Eh... must be lah, I was such a honest and naive kid that I admitted I broke wind because I had a terrible stomach. Much amusement to her and the other kids (all boys) during the tuition. Gosh.

I sort of remembered that I loved drawings (more like copying actually) when I was in primary school. I had this girl sitting beside me in P2, who could really draw, and she always drew pretty princess whenever we finished our work. So I copied her and learned to draw the same way. She was very nice to point out where I done wrong. The jotter book was filled with all those princesses, with a fantastic stats of 36-22-36. I didn't know why she drew them like that, I just copied. I drew them so much that my P2 form teacher praised my drawings coz he happened to see my jotter book. I think the girl scowled. LOL.

In sec. 2, we had to do still-life drawing, I was too dumb to see the different light contrasts and tones, so yet again, I copied my good friend's who was sitting beside, who was an art talent. The items were a kettle, a pineapple, a basket with a towel inside. I drew them almost all the same way except the skin of the pineapple, in which she drew them the conventional way like we do, you know, the diagonals lines with some details to make them look real. I actually drew them the exact same way I saw, with leaf-life skin falling (I'm a details-freak). It was a torture, but then it was worth the hard work. I got 37 while my friend got 35. LOL. Now thinking back, I realised what a bitch I had been. I was shocked at the marks and told her right in the face, "Wah! I copied your one sill got higher marks than you ah!" Thank goodness my friend was a kind girl who didn't took it too hard, she even said, "Your copying skills is very good leh!" I'm so blessed with nice friends.

The interest for drawing was replaced by cooking during sec. 3 & 4, no more art lessons mah.

During polytechnic, drawing became doodling, when I was bored during lessons and not sleeping. I did one drawing though, flyers for my astro club during CCA week. So concentrated on the drawings that the details for the orientation were wrong and I didn't fix it before printing, partly becoz my president informed me too late also. Bleahz!

Recently, I saw a booth for comic drawing in school and I do feel like taking part. PZ and me wanted to take a course in comic drawing back when I was still in poly and she in JC. We went to the shop located and wah lau, that guy dun hiew us, so we ended didn't join.

I think I still love to draw. I still kept the drawing from my cousins who drew us (Jia and me) those Jap cartoons characters when we were still toddlers.

With so many interests, sometimes I feel like I'm good at anything. But, there were also times which I think I suck at everything. Definitely, I have changed a lot. I'm now no more a detail freak, coz I do not expect my handwriting to be straight 90 degrees and 180 degrees parallel to the edge of paper if there were no lines.

I am so nua sia now aka procrastinator.

No comments: