Nuffnang Ad

Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to Myself...

Not happy at all...

Been having a lot of thoughts, about the life and death, and about friends. I knew who are the friends that are truly concern . I was a little apprehensive when I smsed to a few of my frens about the death of godpa, because he wasn't directly related to me. Yet, I was really thankful to those who bothered to sms me how am I, asked me be to be strong and take care, and those who read from my blog and then smsed or tagged me (Jenny, Michelle, I'm fine now).
But there are those whom I didn't even hear a word of concern from them. When their direct relatives, be it parents or grandparents left the world, if I can't make it for the funeral, I would still send an sms (and peh kim) to show that I'm concern. However, until now, I still did not receive an sms from that gang, except asking for the location, but they didn't turn up.
Maybe I'm judging the situation too soon, coz there is still tonight. Hah, I doubt they'll remember it's my birthday also, coz ever since we grad from poly, except my 21st birthday, not an sms from them. Thanks for being such such great frens, ya right! To them, no treat, no gift! Especially someone, I still remember this someone was debating whether to give V's her present when a bunch of them were not invited to her 21st party. So much for being classmates for 3 years and celebrating each one and everyone's birthday every year. (Digress: A few of them weren't part of our clique, but if the present amounted too much, this someone would shamlessly asked them to chip in, but never once did we celebrate their birthdays. I can't really accept such behavior, but if they don't mind, I didn't speak up also. Whatever, I'm being ironical.)
I'm not after the gifts, all I like is people remembering my birthday and wished me that's all! Maybe because I'm a gal without that special someone to celebrate with me (ha ha), so I yearn for are warm greetings from them! Of course, presents are bonus, but 礼尚往来,they'll get one from me too!
Maybe I shouldn't asked for this, coz I myself is guilty of not remembering sec friends' birthday, and owing presents. Actually I do remember, I just can't be bothered or it slipped off my mind. Many times I told myself, send an sms, send an email, drop a phone call, but many times I also forgot because of school work, job work etc. However, it is constantly in my mind to "repay" them their "kindness" and friendship .
I shouldn't even be complaining about this, coz I had already done it before, but I just can't helped it.
I should always remember: 做事不求回报,得助要懂感恩。Same to everyone, you'll be happier!
我要说到做到!

No comments: