Nuffnang Ad

Monday, January 08, 2007

1st day of work

Wah lau, the info they gave were wrong, gravely wrong! The dress code was not business casual at all, it was seriously just casual lor! Like how I wear to school, those kind, with jeans and polo tee. All of us wore so darn formal, and attracted a lot of unwanted attention in the small canteen. HR personnel also advised us to wear something more comfy tomorrow. Kanasai, made me wear so formal, so uncomfortable. Heng, I didn't go and buy more shirts, one comrade bought a lot of new shirts because it stated "Business Casual" and he was cursing "Waste my money!" LOL.
The HR personnel, looked a little bit like the DJ Peifen and also a little like my Prof, Dr. Goh, then I realised the similarities, sexy tiny mouth and single eyelid (but nice). The HR personnel oozed a lot of sex appeal, chio! She must have tot how nerdy we were when we didn't dare to walked out of the office even though it was already 5.30pm (we knocked off at 5pm for today coz we reported early), and had to seek her consent somemore. LOL. We had pass card, poorly made by the security guards, the comrade even had his card with correct name but wrong photo! Laugh until pengz...
My supervisor looked a lot like my cousin, but shorter version. The project he gave us, made me wanted to jump into Singapore River! It's so cheem, so complicated, so difficult! We have to link the testing chambers to the website, and we have to do monitoring stuffs etc. The system is more or less completed by the previous batch, what we have to do is to refine and clean it up, and maybe give it a better name. The title it has now is too long to be remembered, what web and database chambers, booking and monitoring blah blah blah. Give it a better title, take the initials and form a name, like G.O.O.D system or B.E.S.T system something like that.
During the briefing, my partner, CC and I kept nodding our heads, answering his doubts and finishing his ideal system. We discussed about the possibilities, softwares used, and server blah blah blah. And so, while waiting for the buses, the few of us were chatting about our individual projects. The only gal other than me, commented that it shouldn't be too difficult for the both of us (CC and me) since we seemed to know about the technologies used and the system requirements, meaning we were confident and knowlegeble. CC and I replied in unison, "Must act mah!" We can go Mediacorp to work if we can't survive in enginnering. LOL.
It's only the first day of work, CC and I are already starting to pia mia already. We scared we can't finish the project, and we have to read through the manual, which is like 100++ pages... -_-"
Save Me!!!
Was rather excited and couldn't sleep the whole night, keep waking up to check the time. In the end, I was dozing in the office. Oh yah, I have my own cubicle with name tag, my own log in account, my own telephone line, my own PC, my own table, my own pass card, and own drawer and keys. I also have 5 days leave and 2 days MC oper month. Seems like I have almost all except internet access. Sianz...

No comments: