Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Old and new

Was browsing through Friendster and I was surprised to see many whom I used to have fun with, wasn't in my Friendster list.
  1. The "best frens" in primary school are so far away from me now, hardly keep in touch. Those who still with me are frens who wasn't in my clique, except in TAF.
  2. The "best frens" in secondary school seemed to distant away also, due to the different paths we took (They went JC and I went Poly). I pondered about my actions in the past whenever we gather, I realised I still owe them: their birthday presents, other friends' birthday present money, meet ups. They are the ones who always gave me birthday presents using their hearts, but I gave them money only. Gosh!
  3. My upper secondary classmates, not one ever invited me to their 21st birthday, except Amanda, which I conveniently rejected coz I feared to see the rest of them.
  4. Poly life is short, but still glad my friends are still with me.

I realised, the excuse "busy" is very lame. No matter how busy we are, we could always find time to do other things like watching tv, taking a nap, shopping, etc etc, but never had the time to make a call to ask "how are you?", 5 minutes to write a mail, 1 minute to send an sms. New friends will always enter our lives, but that does not mean we have no time for the old friends. The old friends are those who accompany us thru the awkward stages (puberty) in life, share the same sentiments to those freaky teachers, been thru the most glamorous time (competition etc).

It all boils down to whether we are making an effort to keep in touch or not. (Too many frens is not an excuse!)

No comments: