Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Morbid thoughts

It has been a terrible month. Exams were not smooth, Mum fell and now Grandma (paternal) passed away, and the worst is I can't send her off coz my bloody paper is on Wed and she will be cremated on Tuesday. To be frank, I'm not sad at all that's she passed away, I wasn't that emotional wrecked as 2 or 3 years ago, when my maternal grannie passed away in my house, that was terrible. Not I bo xim, but to be true, I think it's good that she no longer had to be tortured with the illness and being left alone in an old age home. It was pretty sad when I knew that she had passed away in the wee hours in the hospital, with no one by her side, despite having so many children. Kaoz!
Preparing the funeral was another hassle. All the while being a junior in the family, all I need to do is to follow whatever instructions they gave out lah. Some of my aunties and uncles like bo chup bo chup, some act act, see liao very sianz. Some very lazy also, just waiting to be served for food, one of my auntie had the audacity to ask Jia to portioned the bee hoon into 10, like banquet dinner like that. Siao... it's not as if she has no hands to do it, and she should do it since she's the one entertaining her friends. Anyway, Jia being the "cool" kind, knew how to deal with lazy aunties like that. If it's me, I think I just say I don't know how, the lamest excuse in the world. Then I heard from Jia that some of our younger cousins very not initiated at all, lazy and bo chup. Anyway, it's the kind you heard liao you will gek sim lah... those juveniles are just plain selfish and airbrained.
I can't help but feeling that my relatives are just so funny. Some just talk no show, some just act no talk. At least they did not bother to waste their crocodile tears, and wailed. Hmm.. maybe because the "show" will start today. I would love to see those fakers crying in front of their mother whom they had threw around like a ball, if they will. Maybe ask Jia for updates. BTW, I got reprimanded by her for keep repeating the "middle finger" joke and action. Yeah, I really did not care how those aunties and uncles will think of me for showing the middle finger repeatedly, but I think I could have say it without acting it out. Stupid me!
I was thinking a lot when in the train just now, now all I can remember are just so little. Haiz... memory is getting worse...
I don't know why, but I was thinking about my own funeral just now. Maybe I write it now in case of any mishaps, at least funeral will be done in the way I want. I'm not a true Buddhist, so I don't want a buddhist funeral. For for my own good, get some monks to pray for me will do. I don't want those ugly orhbit banners and blankets, get all my friends to do a banner and please get them to write wishes. All guests shall be served with chocolate swiss roll, save the effort of cooking curry chicken. Instead of getting an angpow with a 10 cent coin, all guest shall just received one M&M peanut chocolate in sweet wrapper. Please decor my coffin with luminious stars, at least it will glow at night. And last but not least, I want a blue theme for my funeral. So try to get me a blue coffin, blue photo frame, blue tent. And after I am cremated, please keep my ash at my home, coz it will be lonely to be staying all alone in that urn and in a temple. So boring.
I am getting so morbid...

No comments: