Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hilarious Home

Yesterday my house was quite "happening", as in suddenly very noisy and rowdy with just 5 people: Mum, Dad and 3 kids (er hem... official is 1)

Case 1:
I was reading the newspaper at 5.45pm, snacking at the pong piah Mum and Dad got from KL, when Mum went to water the flowers (she had to walk past me). Half an hour later, I wondered how come she took so long to water her plants, even if she need to move the pots or anything, she would have call me since her left wrist is weak. So I went to take a look and Mum was not outside. I pondered where could she have gone to: went to buy groceries? As I walked back to my room, I suddenly remembered: She went to fetch something call "Jamie". Ha ha, I forgot I have a 8 year old sister from the time I reached home until 6.15pm, a total of about 2 hours? At this point, the thing called "Jamie" was already at the door trying her best to tiptoe and open the lock.

Case 2:
Jamie brought back her exam papers, and she did pretty well this semester. Anyway, the papers need parent's signature, so Dad was the bearer of all signatures since we were young although he didn't really bother the grades. I was in the kitchen helping Mum to cook dinner (and ler chai at the same time) when we heard Dad talking very loudly to Jamie (actually he is loud, but he seldom talks). Checking out the commotion, I saw Dad armed with his faithful calculator, doing the math for the marks. Dad summoned me to double check and there was discrepancy in Jamie's math paper: She scored 83 but the teacher gave her 75. So Dad said later ask Jia to check the marks again. There was uproar from Mum, "Wah, 8 marks leh, is a BIG difference leh, she is in band 1 now, not band 2 oredi." So I wrote the matter down in the discrepancy form.

Case 3: Jia came home and did the math, so yah, we were right. It was 83 and not 75, then Mum got weirdly panicky and said, "Aiyah, tomorrow got to see teacher leh, what should I wear huh? I very nervous leh!" Then Jia told her no need because we wrote the matter down in the form.

Chey would be the word to describe Mum's reaction.

So I was commenting how exaggerated we were: It took 3 people, a calculator and mental sum skill to tally the marks, I should write it in the form that one use mental sum, one calculator ...

when Mum cut in: One use abacus

Now you people know where my funny genes came from.

Case 4:
The ice cream was at downstairs, so the greedy Jamie wanted to buy coz the ones in the fridge she doesn't like it. She was so kan chiong to buy that she wanted to go alone. So I told her to wait for me, I would go with her after I finished the dishes. So while she was waiting, Mum asked her whether she had taken the money to buy. She replied, "No need what, Da jie got money!"

Da jie very poor lah.

Mum was beside me and she saw my reaction, then she said, "Da Jie no money lah! Go get $10 from my purse!"

More -_-

In the end I didn't have to go coz Jia the Rich Ah Mah(:P) happened to be reaching home soon and she called to get our orders. =)

Case 5:
While Jamie was enjoying her ice-cream, I was packing some stuffs. Looking at me like watching a show, Jamie suddenly asked me with that doeful eyes look, "Da Jie, you don' want to eat your ice-cream ah, I'm sure you didn't have any good food in hostel." (These are the exact words she spoke)

I was so appalled that I went to kitchen to tell Mum and Jia. I mean how she know I didn't have good food when usually kids will think outside food is better right? Jia immediately defended herself that she didn't show Jamie my blog nor our conversation.

Aiyah, that brat already can break Jia's password and login to the PC, what else she can't do right?

No comments: