Nuffnang Ad

Friday, November 16, 2007

Sisters' Island Recce Trip 11 May 2007

/*This entry was way back in May, found it in my drafts, don't know why I didn't post it */
Date: 13 May 2007
Time: 10.30pm

Took half day leave on Fri, coz I left my sweater at home. Initially was to meet the committee straight after work, but coz it would be freezing cold at night, decide to just clear my half day and went home to rest. However, I ended up chatting with my Astro President and friends, thus I only slept for about 1 hr which was like not much.

I left my house at around 5.30 coz I had arrange to meet my President 6pm at Bishan Mrt last cabin, coincidentally, just as I past the gantry, I saw YX stepping out from the lift, talked talked a bit, and then I rushed for my train which was arriving.

I arrived at the MRT station on the dot, but President was late coz she went shopping for the night's ration. About 10 trains have gone by the time she came with big bags and small bags. Poor thing, she had so many things to carry. Other than her own bag, she had the tent, the ground sheet and her bags of goodies.

When we reached Marina Bay, only one person had not arrived, so we were there discusing what to do for the night. Basically, we had to scout around the area for the best view, suitable place to pitch the tent and programmes.

Fast forward to where we arrived at the pier, the bumboat uncle very funny. I called and asked him where was he. He said he saw me and describe my wear. Then he kept asking me to turn right, but I saw no one. Turned out the uncle was calling out the wrong direction la. Anyway, I should have asked him on the spot to cut the price to $140, easier for us to divide among ourselves. Had a troublesome time calculating the cost after the trip after the trip.

The bumboat ride was so fun!!! All of us went to sit at the open air and took many pictures! JH had a digital SLR with him lor! Wah lau, just a small trip and he equipped this kind of camera with him. Nikon brand somemore lor... anyway, the rest all yelled they wanna get a Nikon camera, I was thinking, yeah, buy and collect dust. :P Hardcore Astro Photographer!

We had a night meeting which lasted for about 3 hrs, it would have ended earlier if JH did not interupt us with, "Wanna see Jupiter?", "Hey, come and see the Jewel Box", "Can see Saturn's ring!" etc etc. Then those hardcore ones would rush to the tripod, I slowly walked there coz I see until I dun want to see liao, ha ha, actually was because legs numb from sitting. The most interesting one was Jupiter and its moons. We could see all 4 moons, and Ganymede was the one we are interested. It was casting a shadow on Jupiter and as it started to move, and from our view, it looked like a pimple on Jupiter.

We had a really fantastic idea for the upcoming trip this Saturday, and I'm now really looking forward to it. Shall not say it out till after the trip. All I can say is not going to be the boring kind of see-stars-and-talk session.

Enough said, see photos!

No comments: