Nuffnang Ad

Monday, February 20, 2006

A whole new level of understanding...

I had never like reading very much, especially English Literature, it just never get into my head, and weirdly, I appreciate Chinese Novels more (not those classic like Red Chamber, it's a slumber spell).
Recently, I started picking story books in my very old cupboard, I re-read on "Of Mice and Men" and "The wonderful story of Henry Sugar". I had never read Henry Sugar before, it was the movie "Catch me if you can " that compelled me to read coz Jia was telling me the stories are somewhat similar. I had just finished "Of Mice and Men", 10 minutes ago, and therefore I am in a very bewildered mood writing this: coz I realised my comprehension in secondary school sucks big time! I only fully understand the whole story, the intentions of the characters and the twist in the story. When I was 16, I thought George killed Lennie so that Lennie would not be harmed by the guys after him. And just now, I realised George had killed him with a motive! George had stolen Carl's gun, and made it like Lennie had stole it, and he had killed Lennie coz he had to protect himself. The intention to free Lennie's misery as a dumb was there, together with all his frustrations. After finishing the book, I had this serious Literature Shock! Now I know why my Lit sucks during secondary school, for my level of understanding was like a primary school kid.
Somehow, I think I am experiencing these LS could be due to change in mentality, that is thinking somehwat like an adult bah... or maybe I am such a late bloomer that I am basically think like a 16 year old which I should be 6 years ago? (Damn, I was Sec. 4 six years ago? That's like so long ago!!!)
Did a weekly weigh-in, still the same, after loo trip somemore, before was like 1 kg heavier? I really ought to stop munching on the CNY goodies.

No comments: