Nuffnang Ad

Monday, February 20, 2006

High qualifications

In the old times, women were taught mainly for home economics, and not other things, for a woman's only duty was to look after the husband and children blah blah blah. Now, with the rise of female power, women not only get to study, the way women think changes too. Especially those feminist power, "What ever men can do, I can do better!" Eh, I used to think a little sideway to the feminist power, but not very "hardcore" lah, just that sometimes I think I am more gentlemen than those supposedly gentlemen. =_=Y
Anyway, I noticed a very interesting phenomenon in my previous polytechnic and current school. That is, those female doctors (Ph.d), mostly are single, i.e unmarried, attached or not I don't know. But in the traditional viewpoint, people might think they had studied too much, thus scare away their suitors bah... Eh, so far, I only knew about 4 female doctors, and out of the 4, only one seemed to be married (unconfirmed), the remaining 3, 2 seems to be quite young (as in they are around 30++), 1 maybe is young but dress like ah-ma.
Is it really destined for women who had high qualifications, to be single? One lousy example, the female doctor in the very famous Joo Chiat's dispute, also single right? Eh, why like that ar? (The Joo Chiat doctor's singlehood is understandable lah)I s it because of the male's ego? If the gf is too clever, the bf will lose face coz he will looks stupid? I thought he should be proud that he had such a clever gf right? I'm not saying girl-up, boy-down relation won't work out, but so far, only 1% or 2% of the people I knew managed such kind of relationships. An as a outsider, sometimes I can't control and thought to myself, "Eh, why she choose him?" But such things are hard to say, maybe the bf will work hard for gf's sake bah... The cases around me, their education difference is from a small margin to big gap, so itr's hard to discern also.
Back to female doctors, if getting a Ph.d means they are above common people, it's no wonder that guys are put off. Coz 90% of the guys will mostly "scan" on the outside. Dumb? Never mind, she thinks he clever good enough. The cleverest lady is one who acts dumb but actually controls her boy and he thinks he controls her. This is also "Ph.d"- "Pretending His DumbBelle".
Just wrote this entry out of boredom coz I ate a heavy lunch and doesn't feel like doing my maths.

No comments: