Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Feeling sexy again!

I finally got myself a decent hairstylist once again! Another impromptu visit to the saloon, Reds at Plaza Singapura.

A revisits to my old posts, I realized I would always walk into a saloon spontaneously, on a really bad hair day. And yesterday, my hair had gone so bad that I was wearing hairband to keep my grizzly hair tidy. So Reds were having promotion, and I walked by their saloon 3 times before I headed in for their cut & colour promotion.

I was being served with Sprite, a packet of biscuits and a hand towel. I only managed to finish my Sprite coz 90% of the time I was sleeping.

My hairstylist was Luis Wee, and usually I'm not too comfortable chatting much. Anyway, I told him this: "Hey, I came in without any hairstyle in mind, so you can be creative, but please keep my hair length." This sentence usually ended up with good results. The last time I said this I got this really nice haircut which I liked.

I was first treated to a light hair wash, because he said a too thorough wash would cause sting later during colouring on the scalp, so I supposed he wanted to keep the natural oil. The light hair wash took about 10mins. After blow-drying my hair, he set to part my hairs with clips, and commenting how my hair was very flat, and whether did I perm my hair or colour my hair before. The last time I coloured my hair by a professional was 3 years ago, and a DIY last year on 31 December. Anyway, he told he would give me a double layers, so that I have more volume on the top of my head. I think he took about 45 mins cuttng my hair, coz He was really careful with the parting and keep combing until he was satisfied. Surprisingly, my hair didn't come out with each combing, which usually did when I comb myself.

After the cut, I was pretty satisfied, but somehow I felt it didn't really end there, so I asked him, "Are you done with the cut?" I probably sounded very exasperated, so he used a comforting tine and replied, "I trim again after the colouring, not quite yet finish". During the colour choosing, I wanted something natural, coz I had my black hair for a few years, I'm afraid I would grow to dislike the colour after 3 days, choosing something dark and natural, has a more sense of comfort, as the colour doesn't contrast too much with my skin colour. The package included highlight, so Luis recommended the two tones for me. As assistant came over and started to part my hair with clips again, she was asking Luis how many parts to divide, and how to part the hair also, something technical to them. As they colour my hair and wrap with the foil, I recalled my last highlight attempt was done with a shower cap with holes and the end result was very chao ah lian (rough and unbalance division), plus the fact the colour was very chao ah lian also. But I was 21 years of age, so can tahan the chao ah lian colour.

After the foil wrap, they started spreading the base colour on the rest of my mane. After which they placed this machine above me, which it has a huge ring hovering above me and dissipates heat on my head. After about 2omins, I was ready to go and wash my hair again. While they were blow drying my hair, they were doing closing and were in quite a rush, so I was being asked to make payment, write the membership form and choose my door gift. Too lazy to pick my specs, I just squint my eyes and I wrote the form and sign the check. LOL.

I must say, I was very satisfied when I put on my specs and see how nice I looked, after almost a year of horrible hair.

End results:
The highlights

Nice? =D

Now I just have to moisturize my hair till it is sleek and glossy!

No comments: