Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Just when I thought nothing weirder could happen to me after the spit...

I met an old crackpot!

I went to Watson's after a doctor's visit, and was on my way home when a lady, dunno whether she was middle-age or near 70s coz the makeup on her face looked like she had used flour instead of normal foundation, approached me to help her carry some stuffs. She said she had really important documents and cannot "拿上拿下". She was carrying 3 bags, a small tote, a medium fluffy dog-design handbag, and a large light blue but very dirty bottom shoulder bag on her left arm, a letter in her hand, and pieces of $50 notes and bankbook in her right hand. Oh, I haven't mentioned her hairstyle, she had bangs, those flat and thick kind which cover her brows, long hair crimped on the back with a clip but wasn't any tidier.

Anyway, I thought it was to carry stuffs to her car, coz she came out from the carpark, so I obliged. She called NTUC as Government Minimart (政府合作社)and we were there, I realised I was to do her shopping! Never mind... Since I had gave her my words, I thought I just quickly settled it and go. I asked her why not put her money and letter into her bag, she said, "Oh, they are very important, I cannot put them inside!" What the....

As the minute passed, I got more uncomfortable. I myself had a big Watson bag with my stuffs, and I had to helped her with her things somemore. She didn't have an agenda, very spontaneously listed out her items, as below:
  • Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder Twin packs (Large)
  • Load washing powder medium
  • Toilet paper
  • Facial Cotton
  • Magnolia Milk Twin Pack
She was asking me to get some oranges, but the basket was very heavy (I didn't expect so many things so I didn't use a trolley), so I left them at a corner. She got very hysterical, and asked me to carry them with me! So I told her, almost screaming "No one will take it coz they have not been paid!" but she refused. So I went to get the oranges without her. When I returned with "the blue logo and very large oranges" she requested, she said I took the wrong one, should be the light blue logo, and by now, many people were looking at us coz she spoke very loud, so am I.

So I told her I would go and change the oranges, and when I saw that she wasn't looking, I made my escape!

It was very embarrassing when I was with her, she kept talking to everybody how nice I was, yet she was very demanding! When I left the basket behind, she actually asked me to push the basket with my foot! Why not she push with her foot and grab the items with her elbows! For a while I felt bad, but then thinking of the attention we were getting in NTUC, I think I should not have agreed to help her in the first place!

Wah biang!

It took me 15 years to know the correct way of washing my ears. Just rub with a wet cloth will do. I disliked the oiliness and had always used soap and water to shower. Dang! My right ear has infection and I had always thought it was a huge pimple in my ear! Now I really afraid that I will go deaf, which is a high possibility coz I huh a lot of times nowadays, and people had to repeat to me 5 times before I get their words. Terrible!!!

Not as bad as Jamie's, I asked her to help me blow (吹) away the dirt in my infected ear, she gave me a light hit(捶) on my ear! Not surprise if I really become deaf!

I finally got a job reply!!! Mum as usual, said "Go and try lah!" A weird answer to someone who is desperately wanting to go interviews!

No comments: