Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, July 06, 2008

贤妻良母

Freak! I had this really weird dream about getting a real lousy job and saw Mr. Hobbes getting hitched! Nightmarish!

I met a hostel friend last Friday and hence, we went for an impromptu chat-n-drink session at Mos Burger. The topics ranged from job hunt to life recently. Since I am unemployed, my only entertainment was to follow my mum on her job. So, this lead to how neat and tidy I always kept my hostel room that many friends feared my visit to their rooms, coz they scared I "not used" and had to sweep before my grand entrance, ha ha. (Side track, I just cleared Jamie's study table today coz the mess was beyond description and I could not tolerate it!) The friend exclaimed, "哇!你可以做贤妻良母了!"

This is the nth such compliment I heard with regards to my exceptional cleaning habit. To top it off, I had training in caring for baby too 9 years ago. So it does makes me a perfect housewife, yah? But then, being a wife now doesn't have to clean like a pro, coz there's always the house maid to save the day what. So I think, I make the perfect maid! Anybody wish to request my service?

Just like things we buy, some people go for look, some people go for the functions, and we usually don't have the best of both worlds. So I'm pretty much like the machine with very good functions but with terrible design, so the buyer really has to know me inside out to get the best out of me, and I pretty much expected nothing more than a dust cover (keep on the shelf too long).

Mama Delfino (Mike's mother in Desperate Housewives) said: A woman should be a chef in the kitchen, a maid in the living room and a whore in the bedroom. We women are really being exploited physically, mentally and emotionally leh! The roles we have to fufill... how come guys just need to be the man in the house and need not do anything?

No comments: