Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Of Mahjong & Blackjack

I still have 2 birthday drafts in Blogger, but first, let me digitize my memory of my most fabulous mahjong winnings! I won $22.80!!!

I went to Belle's house on Saturday, and after playing her brother's Wii, we decided to combine power and share the cost for mahjongs. She was to be the player while I was her 军师。

We won the first round and we were so happy. Then we started losing. Damn. Belle was not a good player, considering she learnt every year. So I kinda suan her maybe she would have beginner's luck every year, turned out only for the first round.

I took over to play in the third round, and I won! And luck kept coming in after that!

There were a few rounds which were really really memorable.

There was this round, which I was left with a tile. I hated it when I'm left with one tile coz usually the players could easily guess which tile I'm waiting by the tile I throw. So I was thinking whether to change when I drew the next tile, which was a 9 tong, and none appeared on the floor yet. I took quite a long time to think and then I decided to throw the old tile for 9 tong. Then at this very moment, the next player threw 9 tong and I won! Belle's sister joked: "Wah! 她用念力leh! " becoz when I was pondering over my choices, I was massaging my forehead.

There were 2 games which I won with 5 tais bao, meaning one player pay for the other players coz he threw the winning tile to me.

The first 5 tais was with 3 flowers and half colour. I couldn't remember which winning tile she threw or me. The other 5 tais winning was more memorable, coz it was a full colour, 清一色索子!First time full colour!

It was a heart-attack round, coz everyone could see that I was waiting for green bamboos. I was already waiting for winning tiles. I had the 一索 with me, but it was useless coz it was already pong by May, Belle's friend. Then I drew a North tile, and discarded it since it was kinda no use. I drew a North again. Shit. Could have won by zi mo already if I threw birdy instead of North, so I threw my birdy away in case I drew a North. I drew a 5索 in my next turn, and discarded my North, since couldn't be so heng to draw another North right? BTW, there were none on the floor. Anyway, I drew the next tile and it was a flower, so when I drew a tile to replace, it was a North again! Wah!!! Was mad at this point already! I drew 3 Norths myself! Thinking there's no way a North could pop out, I discarded it. Then the next player happily threw the North he drew. I was really mad and starting niam niam niam to Eve, who was sitting beside me.

There only 4 tiles left, and everyone was anxious. Coz whoever let me win have to bao mah, so no one wanted to be the "hero". I had already given up coz I knew no one would throw me my green bamboos, I was waiting for 3 or 8索 but 3 was already pong (my tiles were in such arrangement that 3 could make a pair and 8 would make a triple to win). But I guess I was really lucky, after I threw a useless tile, the next player threw a 8索and I won! It was really a miracle round! I still 啧啧称奇 until now! It really felt like a movie! So planned and unreal!

I gave $10 to Belle, since we tagged team. Apparently she had the luck (she won toto while I was playing) and I had a bit of skills. So we were a perfect team!

I also won in Blackjack, $20+ in for both days. =)

No comments: