Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Procrastination kills the deal

So much for putting effort in my new job, my good image was killed because of my procrastination.

I should have known that the bosses are raking in millions, hence, Blackberry is their world. The lawyer in the officer had been receiving his BB mails intermittently. Most of the time happened when he was out of office. My instinct told me that it was something to do with the network, yet another instinct told me it might be because he was tapping on the licensed network (not enough license to go around), hence he could only receive emails when he's in the office. So, I thought I just wait for the license to come then voila, problem solved,

On Fri, he got so mad that I did not solve his BB problem asap, spoke to me in a louder than usual voice. He was very worked up, and seriously, I totally forgot how corporate users can be very mang zhang. And there I was, sobbing silently, getting the only help I could think of, the license vendor.

Seriously, being a lawyer, he was more logical than me. He ruled out all the possibilities for me, while talking to the vendor on the phone. It was there, I discovered a setting I never probed before. His BES was connected on WiFi!!! Which explained why he couldn't receive emails once he's out of office. I'm pretty sure this was the cause, and not license problem.

Really learnt a very serious lesson: Never procrastinate, and dig all means to solve! It's my job!

No comments: