Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Innovationation

Have you heard of the Innovationation?

If I'm not wrong, this is part of the govt's plan of being a IT nation, in lieu with the 25 years of Infocomm industry in Singapore. There was adverts in a MRT station about how accessible one is if she/he is IT literate, right? I didn't made this up, did I? (ponder...)

Anyway, I think this is a fantastic plan. Just imagine, when everyone knows the difference between MB and GB; Intel Pentium is not the only processor manufacturer in this world; the size and speed (yah, speed, like hard disk run faster than a CD-R) of different storage devices; or the difference between MP, MB and the 640X480 in a digital camera, I'm pretty sure the guys at Sim Lim would stop giving people (especially girls and those IT illiterate) that "You are so stupid" face and try to cheat us. (I hate to go Sim Lim!!!)

I went to the Comex (ha ha, iroically, the booths mostly are from Sim Lim) show with Jia last month. One of promoters actually praised us that we dared to come to IT show without any guys (being more IT geek lah) with us. So Jia said I studied IT, so I'm able to guage the stuffs without being blinded by all the specs and promo gimmicks (I fell for one also lah, bought my LCD monitor which comes with a free webcam, ha ha). So you see, if everyone buys their stuffs with knowledge of what they want, then maybe you won't buy because of its looks or because you were given a free pink mouse.

I realised most of my girl friends, when I asked what kind of laptop they would buy, most of them go for Fujitsu, because of its look and lightweight too. However, if give them a better choice of laptop, which works faster, better and maybe jusy 200g heavier, they still stick to Fujitsu coz the other laptop is ugly. Hee hee, I used to be one also lah, my 2nd PC was chosen because of the price and looks. Then after I went poly, I realised I was cheated. It was a Pentium 3 equivalent (AMD duron 700MHz), and not Pentium 4. I hope that guy dies of piles. Anyway I was being questioned gazillion times why I didn't choose Fujitsu, when they saw my IBM laptop, and I would start my long story of the specs and etc, which at the end, they would just frowned at me and looked "huh?", or if not, even if they understood what rubbish I'm talking, they would still prefer Fujitsu since "it's only that little difference". I tot everyone goes for the best? Anyway, next time if anyone ask me again, I think next time I shall just answered, "Coz I'm a guy inside a girl".

Of coz, now many girls are getting good at IT stuffs, and not all guys are good at tech, and not everyone could really fully understand this whole stuff about techonology (not even I). I just believe that if everyone is armed with some idea of the stuffs they are doing or buying, then at least IT isn't that scary at all. Even my mum who was scared to switch on my PC in the past, plays PC everyday now, better life than me hor. She even knows how to do bank transfer. Now all she need to learn is how to sms and use handphone to take pictures. Wow, next time she can upload also. Ha ha ha.


No comments: