Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Friends

Had an outing with the poly astro frens last night, also a post birthday celebration for YT. Then bump into a secondary school fren in Orchard. We did not say "Hi" to each other, we just each other 2 glances then look somewhere else.
I don't even bother to say "Hi" to those I met in Uni, moreover someone in Orchard.
Not I trying to be dao, but to those whom I hardly spoke to, I seldom take the initiative to say "Hi, long time no see!" first. Becoz I'm afraid, afraid of what, I dunno. Maybe because we all are afraid of this unknown, that's why no one makes the first move. Or maybe becoz I felt that back in their memories, I am of non existent, so there's no point to catch up. Actually, I do want to say "Hi".
Now as I think back, I do take the initiative sometimes. However, some ended quite awkward, or that we exchange phone numbers, out of politeness, but we didn't quite keep in touch. Yet someone asked me out so much I feel like slapping him, (Jenny, u know who. ;p) Coz I don't think there's a need to catch up every 3 months when we always have nothing to talk when we meet. I think I erased quite a number out of my phonebook. (Years ago handphone could only store that much, and my hardcopy is useless with me). Plus it doesn't help much when people are always changing phone numbers, then when you want to inform people about the change, you will start filtering the list of who you should update. It gets really turn off when u received an sms asking who you are, right?
Then came Friendster, which everyone started to "dig" old frens out. I think Friendster is a good way of keeping all these contacts, even though we might never talk to each other again.
I think it all takes an effort to keep in touch. Haiz... So long never see the 2/5 gang le.
(I realised those friends whom I didn't dare to ack, are in my friendster's list. So ironic...)

No comments: