Nuffnang Ad

Monday, February 13, 2012

I think i got picked by a les.

Attended a very atas Italian dinner last Thursday with my company. It was a treat by our new partner, a witty 65yo French guy. His wife is gorgeous!!!

So, it was my very first atas dinner, seriously. I used to watch in movies, where these atas ppl attended dinners, they would be served with wine while waiting and chit-chatting. Then we were served the meals course by course, with our wine kept refilling. The meals were fantastic! It was at No Menu, at Boon Tat Street. I had no idea how much it is, but it was an authentic Italian restaurant, run by an Italian family! They were so friendly, I was just browsing the books, and the chef mum came to me and started explaining to me!!!

Then I went to join my colleagues in the chit-chat, although I still felt a bit awkward.Once I started warm up,m everything felt good. I even greeted the wives of my colleagues like an ang moh, with kisses on the cheeks, LOL. Seriously, I enjoyed it.

The dinner ended at around 10.30, but we chatted until 1am. Boss asked if I want to continue with them, I stunned for a while, and said yes. Well, it was a good time to bond, and being my first outing with them, I don't want to miss. We had wanted to go club 83 but it was closing, so we went to a karaoke pub a few units beside. Boss didn't join us by then coz he was probably grounded by his wife. LOL

Anyway, the pub was called HQ Karaoke and Pub. At first glance, I thought there was a lot of females. Throughout the night, while waiting for our turns to sing, we discovered that all of them could sing, even the bartender! Damn good! So good that my colleagues and I were too paiseh to sing. I was the only chinese, so I understand what they sang, my colleagues, all non-chinese, were awed by those powerful vocals despite not understanding a single chinese word.

I secretly thought there were a lot of les... but I just thought they could be those arty-farty pple who doesn't work regular hours like us. Anyway, we had such fun time that my colleagues refused toleave after singing the last song, Partly because we waited for quite some time too, as it rotated between the tables with 2 songs, and we happened to be the last table. Being their tech support, they asked me to "troubleshoot" for them out of habit, and jokingly. Seeing how 为难 the bartender was, I told them there was nothing I could do since they already plugged out the system. Sometimes, these ang moh, really had warped thinking, They really think I simi ma en hiao!

After paying the bill, we headed out for the door. I apologized to the bartender (les) once more, and she gave me a squeeze on the shoulder, and told me that we should come back when free. Seriously, I don't know if that was a hint or something, but I just got all ticklish and siam, telling her it was itchy. You know how sensitive my shoulders can be. LOL. She's actually quite nice looking.

My colleague gave the cab driver fee when I boarded the taxi. So paiseh can... but the next day, I returned full amount to him coz I don't wanna feel like owed him something. He's spanish, so he was being gentlemen, but  factually, I'm just not used to being pampered by male colleagues this way. It is an Asian thing?

So I went google on this pub, and found out that it was opened by Irene Ang (Phua Chu Kang's wife Rosie). Oh... no wonder the crowd type was so concentrated...

I don't mind going back again, coz they are all so friendly!

No comments: