Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Samaritan or Sabohritan?

In my company, there is this weird culture of not pressing the lift for others. Not that we engineers are a bunch of jerks, it is just the culture, it is more of "monkey see monkey do". So today, while I was waiting for the lift, I reminded myself that I must press the "door open" button so that people can stream in without getting kiap by the lift door.

There weren't a lot of us, just me and 3 other guys waiting for the door. So, I was the first one to get inside, so I pressed the button to keep the door open. But very soon, the door was closing and the guy was halfway in only, then I quickly hit the button a few more times, but the door was adamant on closing, but luckily, the guy had already hopped in.

So while the lift was traveling up, as per usual, we all looked at the ground, looked the door, looked at the posters. There was a manager from my unit but we didn't greet each other anyway. So as I stoned looking at the buttons, I realised, I had been pressing at the "door closed" button.

No wonder the door closed so fast.

/*--------------------------------*/
Jamie got lucky!

She found $1, got a $15 cheque from the Flame of the Forest publishing coz they picked her story (which Jia and me edited a thousand times and still not happy with it coz it was too plagarize but she won anyway) and she managed to squeeze into upper EM2, which really took out burden off. Her class focus more on Maths and Science coz their English too powerful already. Apparently due to her distinction in English New South Wales paper.

Heng ah.

No comments: