Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Taxi Uncles

Most of the taxi-uncles I met are always chatty and witty, if the journey is long enough, sometimes I also know what occupation they were before they started taxi-ferry.

This uncle I met today was once a Chinese orchestra instructor leh, no wonder the Chinese words he used all so cheem one. Like all taxi uncles, he gave me some word of advice.

Don't Marry, unless one is truly very well prepared.

In his years of driving, he had met so divorcees that he was convinced that the marriage nowadays are not true love, and if there is really true love, why is there divorce? He had 2 daughters himself, which is why there's this fear in him that no point marrying if the love is conditional.

The only unconditional love is parents' love.

Well, he's not the first one to tell me not to marry. And I think I'm kinda brainwashed also.

No comments: