Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, December 21, 2008

From high to low

I always had communication problems with my dad, coz he's really fluent in Hokkien while I would probably flunk my one if there's ever an oral test. In any case, I would always get Mum to do the translation, coz I really cannot understand his Hokkienfied Chinese. His wrong use of vocabulary and grammer is his unique style, and obviously, always turn on our laughing spots.

While I was eating my dinner in the living room when he walked by, pointed at a scrap of food on the floor and told me, "那个菜跌倒嘹。"

Both Mum and I guffawed for 10 seconds, then Mum corrected him, "是掉, 不是跌倒!"

Buay Tahan.

Anyway, my life seems pretty dull every since I started work, hardly any anecdotes for me to share on blog, less the fact that I am not very happy at work. Even the recent company dinner did not help to bond with my team mates, coz we were seated separately. In a way, I think is good for me coz, I don't have to sit with my boss. I now keep my mouth shut when with my boss, wasn't the talkative me when I first came to work. Now that he had given me The Talk twice in 4 months and kept having to clean the shit for me, I really feel like I don't have the face to look at him without feeling guilty.

Either the fengshui there doesn't suit me or subconsciously I hate my job. No matter how careful I try to be, I always screwed Big Bosses's Blackberry, forgot to backup Lotus Notes file, corrupted the Winzip files, forgot about the Outlook PST files. And it is always the BIG BOSSES, which included Directors, Regional Managers and VPs.

The best thing is the more I want to make things right, it would go wrong. So I really remain passive unless instructions is given. The best bet to my current situation.

Like a hokkien saying, "Kiang tio ho, mai gei kiang".

No comments: