Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy 2011!!!

Happy New Year! How was your countdown? Mine was pretty dramatic. I had a wonderful afternoon, which I had good lunch with my colleagues, a farewell for my PM. After that I went to watch Yogi & Boo Boo. Oh, you know the little clip they always had before the movie, it was the Road Runner and Coyote. Can see that they did a lot of antics for the 3D, but too bad I didn't watch in 3D, else it would have look very nice.

It went downhill after that. I had an argument with my dad, and in a fit, I stormed out of the house and wandered for about 3 hours. It was also so cool looking in TV, when the protagonist stormed out and wandered around. Mine was far from cool. I lost my contact lens due to excessive crying (I was so so so mad!!!), and Mother Nature chose to call me while I was still trying to sort out my feelings. I had to walk to the market, buy a pack of tissue and then made my way to the community centre washroom, all in utter blurriness. Then, I asked my 2 sisters out and joined me at the Khatib Countdown, which they got my specs for me too. If not, I'll be watching (I quote from PZ) fireclouds, and not fireworks. When we went home, then I realised I lost a key. So much drama right? At least dinner was good.

The thing about quarrels and arguments is that, it seemed so serious at that point that we slashed at each others' throats. And when you think back, it is really pointless and stupid. The argument won't be there if one of us gave in, right? And I was really a jerk, insisting to get Min home and not let her enjoy the final day of 2010.

New Year can't be New Year without taking a look at past resolutions and setting new ones. =) Let's grade my 2010 resolutions:
  • Be nice to everyone, especially my family. [All was well till the last day...]
  • Be more responsible in anything I do I say. [I think I still did not achieve it]
  • Manage my finance, control them! [Ill say I fail this very badly too]
  • Be diligent. [Hmm... not in my work tho, but I think my personal stuffs I maintain to upkeep]
  • Lose weight! [Eh... Lost a bit, gain a lot, then lost a bit.]
And for my 2010 targets:
  • Try a small business and be my own boss. [ Somewhere lost in the process. Think I'm gonna ask my partner again. We have yet to search for vendors. Site and misc so far so good tho.]
  • Pick up a new skill. [I learnt more makeup techniques, and some face massage techniques, but not exactly the certified kind. Shall push myself more.]
  • Upgrade my IT skills and knowledge. [I attended the HP-UX Network and Admin System I course. Realised I really prefered network over pure programming.]
  • Do more charity. Be it donation or volunteer work. [I donated to Singapore Heart Foundation $38 mthly.]
  • Run a marathon! 5 km is fine too. =) [I did more food marathon]
Out of 10, I think I just passed, i.e. 51%. Well, not too bad but obviously a lot of time wasted on some random things. Out of 365 days, that's all I've done? Tsk tsk tsk.

Ok, and now for Targets and Resolutions 2011:

R1) Exercise more. Currently having 2 KB lessons per week, probably can add some jogging in the slots. My upper body is getting heavier than my bottom, hence my legs get tired easily nowadays.
R2) Show more enthusaism for my job. I'm gonna stuck with it for maybe another 2 years, If I don't start loving it, I'm so gonna be doomed.
R3) Maintain my blogs regularly (Life, Health, Beauty and Splurge, which encompasses Fashion and Beauty). I don't really want to clump them in one, because the contents are very different.
R4) Be less annoying and be less easily annoyed by others. I have 4 people on my annoying list, shall reduce them to 2 (I doubt these 2 will ever get off my list). I have no idea how many people I've annoyed, because they don't tell me and I'm just gonna assume I annoy everyone.
R5) Show more love and less anger.
R6) Do not over splurge. In this case, the lesser posts I have in Splurge, the better. Basically, stop buying beauty products and pretty clothes!
R7) No more procrastination!!! Do immediately!!!
R8) Sleep early, by 12mn latest!!! (Today is an exception)
R9) Fasten my pace, as in like quicken my steps, take less time in everyday beauty regime, bath faster. Eating not included.
R10) Nap less. Heh.

T1) Hooky Crooky must start Businey! Find wholesellers, set up blog, start selling.
T2) Attain JLPT4, or a makeup artistry cert.
T3) Run at least two 5km run, or one 10km run. More specific and seemed more likely to achieve.
T4) Attend HP-UX Network and Admin System Course II and be certified. Looks better in my job profile, HR keeps a record of courses I attended.
T5) Get a boyfriend. Ha ha ha, that's a joke. Save 10k for next year's Europe's trip!

That's all folks.

    No comments: