Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A bad time to fall sick...

My body sure know how to pick a good time to fall sick. I'm running a fever @ 37.4 degrees, whole body aching, throat feeling lumpy and sore...

I suspected I got ill was due to:

i) Dirty water, my office pantry is so so so so so dirty! Got the urge to clean for them, but then, I am not paid to do that.
ii) Walking in the rain today.
iii) Too many biscuits hence got heaty.
iv) Viral infection (por bee not this lah)

It's been a week at work. So far so good, pretty much like internship. There's nothing much we could do till we are cleared of any possible treachery, known as Cat 2A. 2 newbies joined us this week, and my talkative nature had turned my conversations into an informal induction plan for them, and formal source of gossip for my batch (people who on board same day as me). Kinda like the middle woman between my batch and the newbies. I actually answered queries on the newbies' behalf.

Lucky me has a PC to work on, and supposedly fastest among all the CRTs and White Dells, P4 leh! But then with ebuddy blocked, life is pretty boring, so I sought my best friend, Uncle Zhou! Been on fishing trips, tea session, chess games. The record was 5 times a day! Can't help it when we are supposed to self-study using books as thick as the width of my palm.

Buay tahan, told my neighbour to wake me up if I'm off to dreamland again.

Found a buddy to take BT with me, yeah! I'm finally putting words into action! Coz I hate long journeys, so I decided to by a car! After I pay off my loan to Dad... I heard my team has extra incentive$ for supporting the system, so I think I should be able to survive, if not eat bread lor.

One thing not used to was the office politics, seriously, I don't sense any until my very fair (as in skin colour) colleague, asked me to observe, dun anyhow anyhow, dun garang garang. My observation skills has never been the top, and I treat everyone equally, and I just do what I think, you know. Anyway, it's better to follow what she said, since she previously interned at this coy, and know the culture better than anyone of us.

Counting down to payday, Yes! And we've been discussing what credit card to get, lol. Those coordinators must be secretly shaking their heads and sighed, "Young people..."

My first impression to people is slowly being take over by my true nature. Been displaying stunts, like doze off, put cold water in coffee mixture, tot my handphone lost when it was inside my purse. The sotong is slowly coming out.

And one thing for sure is, the guys aint treating me like a girl, seriously. One actually gave me a friendly budge on my shoulder. The kind that you pat using the back of your fingers then showed 4 in the air and exclaimed, "Wah lau, why you like that!".

Maybe that's why I am posted to an all guys team.

Wearing skirt doesn't turn the old charm on. Shit. Size does.

No, I'm not bothered, just intensely found it an interesting behavior. Maybe I should try an experiment by losing weight and test for a different reaction?

No comments: