Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, December 02, 2012

I did it! I'm full of crazy!

I completed my first ever full marathon at SCMS 2012 today! Never felt prouder of myself. I targeted myself to complete at 6 hrs... which turned out to be quite a feat! My cousin who runs marathons regularly and has a super fit bod finished at that time. As for me, I started walking at ard 25km... all the way, until the last 150m. :P

Still, it was an accomplishment and if there should be a next time, I should really start prepping 6 months ago. It is really not easy! This time round, I managed to run for the first 10km without stopping, I am so happy even though my pace was like 7.30 mins per km, not my usual timing. However, it's 42km, need to conserve energy!

Run faster also means I can avoid the afternoon sun. I was wearing sunglasses, so I thought It didn't feel that hot. Wrong! My body now covers in the the latest fashion: colour blocks. As I wore knee guard, that part is totally safe from the sun.

Still, my legs are not as bad as the GE run, where I walked super fast. I was strolling during the path at Gardens  By The Bay.

The 42km is rather boring too, as about 16km is at East Coast. And after East Coast, we were at construction site. Imagine the smell. Bleah.

For now, I shall stick to 21km first. Till the day I can complete it within 2 hrs! Hah!

Now my stomach is like a bottomless pit. Ate bananas, bread, had dinner where I actually had 2 servings of rice. Still not satisfied! ^_^

No comments: