Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Well, it wasn't so happy for my though. My grandfather passed away on the 2nd. On the 1st Jan, the nurses at TTSH celebrated his birthday for him, which was possibly the only birthday celebration he ever had. I don't remember the adults making a big fuss when he was 60, 70, 80 and 90. =(

Mum was nudging us to visit him on 1st Jan, but we were all tired after paying respects to grandmother in the morning, especially me who hadn't had sleep yet.

And the bomb dropped while we were all at work on the 2nd.

Most of us took compassionate leave to help whatever we could. Folding the ingots, burning the incense paper, taking the graveyard shift.

It was a 5 days wake... So most of the grandchildren dropped by after work, I took the night shift and would go home to wash up, sleep a bit, do some housework before going down again. Had time for a bit of gym too.

On Sunday, he was cremated in Mandai Crematorium. We had 2 coach, one is for the family, and the other one for the relatives. My mum forgot me and I hitch ride on the relatives' coach, thank goodness for my auntie who saw me standing outside, blur like sotong.

After the wake, life is back to normal... but deep down, we all wished we had visited him on 1st Jan.

No comments: